Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Little Nek-Neks!

My two little nekkid girls! They love to be naked! You can really tell how much bigger Amelia is than Claire. Last week at the doctor, Amelia weighed 10 pounds 7 ounces and Claire weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces. So Amelia has already more than doubled her birth weight and Claire is almost there. They also had to get 2 month shots at the doctor- 3 shots and one oral vaccine. So you can imagine my poor girls were not happy. I wasn't really very happy either because I had to take them by myself! Daddy was out of town looking for a house for us. The good news is that he found one-
We are closing on December 8th! This is very exciting to me because this house comes with....
I haven't actually seen the house yet but the home inspection is on Monday so I'll see it then. I'm so excited about our new house! There are going to be a few things we have to do- we'll have to have the pool fenced in before the girls start crawling and walking. There is a really big yard on the other side of the pool and I want them to be able to play outside without worrying about them falling in. Obviously I will be outside with them when they're playing but still. When there's one mama and two little girls, a fence seems safer! We're also going to look into one of those pool alarms.
The house is absolutely gorgeous. There are new floors throughout the whole house and they are beautiful. There are also some lovely built-in bookcases and a nice fireplace. The only thing I don't like is the counter-tops. The ones in the bathrooms and the kitchen are pretty ugly but we are looking at our options for what we can do with them. I don't really see us spending a whole ton of money on it but hopefully we can improve the ugly brown laminate.

Anyway, the girls are getting big and finally figuring out their days and nights and we are working on a bedtime. Eventually I'd like to have everyone in bed by 7:00 but its a work in progress. I have a friend in the neighborhood who has a little boy that is 3 weeks older than the girls. She says he just started sleeping through the night. I hope that is in our future soon! I really have to count little Clay as 7 weeks older than the girls because he was born at 38 weeks instead of 34 but still! Its out there... somewhere in the future. Mommy and Daddy are very excited!

I don't know what else to say really. I feel like we are finally starting to emerge from survival mode a little bit. There's a website I look at (called How Do You Do It) that is written by several moms of twins and one thing I read there has really stuck with me. One frustrated mom wrote "I feel like I'm so busy managing my twins that I can't enjoy them." So I'm trying to focus less on the managing and more on the enjoying. Because while its important to me that the girls learn to sleep etc., its more important to me that I can enjoy them while they are so small. I really love kissing Amelia's big cheeks while she just gazes at me. And I love to watch Claire's funny faces. Mostly, I love being a Mommy to my sweet little girls and I think I'm pretty good at it. At least, most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new house!! And a POOL??? Stellar!! I'd be going with a pool gate too. . .and a pool alarm. . .and anything else I could think of to keep the girls out/away from it. You're on it woman.
    Love the pics of the girls =). Sounds like they are doing great and are growing like crazy! Boo for shots. . .I'm definitely not looking forward to that pediatrician visit!
    Hmmm. . .what a great point - I am going to make more of an effort to enjoy rather than manage my girls too - it's just so hard though when you can barely keep your head above water! I suspect we can all relate to that frustrated mommy. . .
    Enjoy those babies! You're doing and awesome job with them!

    ReplyDelete