- No matter who you are, 9 poopy diapers in one day is a LOT.
- The day isn't over yet.
- Making your own baby food is super easy and nutritious. I don't know why more people don't do it. So far I've made: bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes and apples. We haven't tried the apples yet. The sweet potatoes made Amelia throw up. A lot. The bananas are a HUGE hit and I can sneak the avocados into the bananas and the girls are still happy.
- It blows my mind how much "make your own baby food" paraphernalia is available on the internet. All you need is a blender or food processor, ice cube trays and ziploc bags. Actually I don't even use the food processor. I just mash.
- It blows my mind that I spelled "paraphernalia" right on the first try. Maybe I am finally getting over what my doctor called "placenta brain."
- I'll admit it, I have parked my kids in front of Baby Mozart and surfed the internet for the last 30 minutes. There is only so much sweet-potato-induced vomiting, pooping and crying that a mommy can take.
- Tonight we are going to try baths in the big tub. The girls are rapidly outgrowing their whale tub.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
On the heels of that last post about our wonderful life, I have a few thoughts.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Not to sound like a total cheeseball, but I am LOVING life lately. Is it sometimes hard? Yes. But it is SO worth it! My girlies are just wonderful. There is nothing like that first smile in the morning when you "rescue" them from their cribs. There is nothing like kisses and hugs and giggles. Having twins is the BEST! Because they are twins. Not in spite of it. If you really really really want your heart to melt, come watch my girls hold hands and talk to each other. Come watch Amelia nibble all over Claire's hand. Come watch them look at each other and just smile. Seriously, twin sisters are the best. I have a feeling that when they are big enough to give each other hugs and kisses, its going to be happening a LOT. I'm sure there will be hair-pulling and biting too but I think they already love each other.