Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Daily Doings

I don't have much to do these days other than sit around and grow babies. And while that's fun, its not the most entertaining thing. So I try to find something to do every day besides just clean house (which, I'll be honest, I'm doing less and less of because I can't be on my feet very long).

Today I got an email that some yarn I had purchased wasn't going to be coming after all. I have REALLY been enjoying making things for the girls (expect more pictures to come) but I don't like to make them out of plain boring yarn. I like to find beautiful, soft, one-of-a-kind yarns. And while that's more expensive, I think the end result is worth it. Anyway, I've been ordering some of my yarns from etsy.com which is a place to buy and sell all things handmade. It is truly a marvel. But its kind of like Ebay- all the sellers are individuals. And while some people make their living selling things on Etsy, its not like ordering things from a business. I placed a special order with a girl I'd ordered yarn from before and she assured me that it was no problem. About 3 weeks ago, I started to wonder. It seemed like my yarn should've been at my house already and I hadn't heard from her. So I emailed her and she said that her boyfriend had mailed the package for her and forgot to get delivery confirmation and that it should be there in a few days. Fast forward 2 weeks, the yarn still isn't here and its obviously not coming. She offers to remake the yarn for me and send it out ASAP. Great. Then today I get an email saying that her spinning wheel is broken so she can't make the yarn until she gets a replacement. Well that ruined all my plans and I ended up getting a refund.

The reason I'm telling you all that is to show you what I did today! I had some leftover yarn from what I ordered from her before but I wanted it to be a different color. The leftover yarn was plain white so I knew I could dye it. After a little research, I found out that I could dye it with Kool-Aid. So after spending 80 cents, my yarn is reborn! And its gorgeous if I do say so myself! In the photo its drying on a towel on the patio.

Besides the yarn, the excitement around here is that they're tearing down the house next door.  On Sunday the house looked like this (by the way, this is our old house, not the actual house next door):

And today it looks like this:

Before you know it though, it will look like this (this is our new house):

Isn't our new house adorable? It looks almost just like every other house on our street, but still, its a lot better than what we had. And don't even get me started on how the old place smelled...

No comments:

Post a Comment