Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pottery Barn: 0, Stephanie: 2

We are slowly working on decorating our new house and right now we are trying to work on our bedroom. I saw these curtains on Pottery Barn's website and thought they were pretty cute and they match the colors in our bedspread really well. But PB wants $89 EACH for them plus $89 EACH for the curtain rods plus shipping. Even without the shipping that is $356! There's no way I was paying that. Especially not for burlap. Isn't the whole point of burlap that its super cheap?

So I went to Joann's and used a 50% off coupon on the fabric and got 6 yards for $12. I already had the curtain rods but wanted them to be dark to match the hardware in the rest of the house. I spent $7 for a can of Rustoleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and sprayed them down. Total cost $19. And I think the effect is exactly the same. So cute! I am proud of my thriftyness today!

Ignore the fact that there are no sheets on the bed...

1 comment:

  1. Very impressed!! I love projects like this... just wish I had more time to do them ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete